오주한카

광고 및 선정적인 내용, 욕설이 포함되었거나, 종교 또는 정치에 관련된 게시물을 작성하는 경우에는 사전 예고 없이 삭제될 수 있으며 관리자가 정한 바에 따라 이용자의 자격을 적절한 방법으로 제한 및 정지, 상실시킬 수 있습니다.
Hello Everyone,
I am writing to all of you to discuss an idea that I have had for quite sometime now. It's almost time that I 'll be leaving college, and I feel there are lots of things that I feel I should have done differently, in other words, I have a few regrets.
Anyways, I feel there's a need for international students to take a step towards a better learning experience.. and grab more opportunities that come their way.
For example trying for internships, getting involved in a Fraternity, networking,getting in to honors, pushing for jobs, getting involved in research etc.
When we come here (to the U.S.), we hardly know how the education system here, works, and what opportunities lie within. After a few years, when we are more familiarized, the opportunities are already gone.. or we're too behind to take advantage. 

I want to form an organization that will try to address these issues, and make the academic life of other international students a little better, than mine.
There are lots of ideas in my head for doing this.. and I am hoping to get people together to start this. I have spoken to Unnava Rao about this, and he was very encouraging. He says he can assign a faculty adviser for this.

Anyways, what I wanted to ask you guys was if any of you would be willing to join me set this organization up, and also take leadership positions if you feel for the cause that this organization is being setup for. If you cant pledge time and have any suggestions/criticisms, I'd be more than willing to hear them.

Thanks,
Ashwin (hirawat.1@osu.edu)