오주한카

후원 업체 및 비영리 단체의 광고홍보를 위해 사용되는 게시판입니다. 스팸이나 기타 상업성 글은 임의로 삭제 됩니다.
2011.06.07 18:59

June 8: Science Cafe at 2 pm

조회 수 5143 추천 수 0 댓글 0

Description: cafe image

http://go.osu.edu/osusciencecafe

Date/Time:

June 8, 2011   - 2pm  - special time for families

Science & Engineering Library - 090/070 (Basement)

Speaker:

Dale Gnidovec, OSU Orton Geological Museum

Topic:

Fossils in Your Back Yard

Summary:

What kind of fossils can you find here in Ohio, especially in the Columbus area? Come find out. With rocks ranging in age from 420 to 250 million years plus sediments from the Ice Age, Ohio has fossils of trilobites, corals, clams, snails, brachiopods, plants, mammoths and mastodons. During this presentation real fossils will be passed around as they are explained using slides to show what the animals looked like (and what Ohio was like) when they were alive.

About our Speaker:

As Curator of OSU's Orton Geological Museum I am in charge of over 50,000 rocks, minerals and fossils from Ohio and around the world. At the Museum I take care of specimens and exhibits, give guided tours for school and Scout groups, answer geological questions from the public and identify rocks, minerals, fossils and bones (but not artifacts). For the past 11 summers I have dug dinosaurs in Montana with crews from the Cincinnati Museum Center.

Location Information:

·         Science & Engineering Library 090/070 (Basement)- 175 West 18thAve - OSU Campus

·         Food and Drinks available from Terra Byte Cafe and vending on SEL's 1st Floor

·         Visitor Parking at the Tuttle Park Place Parking Garage