Hocking Hills

by 아일랜드 posted Mar 27, 2006
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

The Hocking Hills region is home to 9 state parks, over 9000 acres of state forest land, part of the Wayne National Forest, contains 4 nature preserves and one of the largest metro parks in the state. Hiking, fishing, camping, horseback riding, canoeing, rappelling, and bird watching are just a few of the activities visitors to the area enjoy

hockinghills1010.jpg

- Hocking Hills Official Website: http://hockinghills.com/

- Hocking Hills Locator Map: <click here>

- Request for Hocking Hills Visitor Information: <click here>

Directions

From Columbus, Ohio

Construction Note: New Route 33 Bypass around Lancaster, Ohio
In Fall 2005 construction was completed on a bypass on Route 33 around Lancaster. When coming from Columbus, travelers have the option of taking the "Lancaster Business Route" which is Memorial Drive (and formerly Route 33) or stay on Route 33 (the new bypass) and continue towards Logan. The bypass will be the faster option with no stops; however, don't forget about the great restaurants, lodging, shopping and historic attractions in Lancaster, which all can be accessed by choosing the "Lancaster Business Route" as opposed to the bypass. Exploring Lancaster is a great option on your way to or coming home from the Hocking Hills.

If going to Logan (eastern Hocking County):
Take US 33 East through Lancaster. Exit at State Route 664 (Logan-Bremen exit). Turn right (south) onto SR 664. The Hocking Hills Welcome Center is located just south of the intersection of SR 664 and US 33.

If going to Laurelville (western Hocking County):
Take 23 South through Circleville. In Circleville, Take State Route 56 East to Laurelville. Once in the circle center of Laurelville, take the second road on your right, which continues St. Rt. 56. You will see a sign pointing to the Visitor Center on the top of the hardware store on your right. The Visitor Center is just ahead on your right, in the log cabin sharing a parking lot with the Apple House.

From Cincinnati, Ohio

To Laurelville (western Hocking County):
Take I-71 North, Exit at US 35 east (Washington Court House exit). Follow 35 East. Take US 22 East to Circleville. Take State Route 56 East to Laurelville. Once in the circle center of Laurelville (the "posey pot"), take the second road on your right, which continues St. Rt. 56. You will see a sign pointing to the Visitor Center on the top of the hardware store on your right. The Visitor Center is just ahead on your right, in the log cabin sharing a parking lot with the Apple House.

Coming from Cincinnati, you will pass through Laurelville, so it is recommended to stop at the Hocking Hills Visitor Center at Laurelville. If you have interest in visiting the original Welcome Center and Logan, follow these directions:

To Logan (eastern Hocking County) :
Take I-71 North. Exit at US 35 east (Washington Court House exit). Follow 35 East. Take US 22 East to Circleville and continue east on 22 towards Lancaster. Take US 33 E towards Logan. Exit at State Route 664 (Logan-Bremen exit). Turn right (south) onto SR 664. The Hocking Hills Welcome Center is located just south of the intersection of SR 664 and US 33.

From Pittsburgh

To Logan (eastern Hocking County):
Take I-279 south to I-79 Exit. Take I-79 south to I-70 west. Continue west on I-70 through Zanesville to the Route 13 Exit. Proceed south on Route 13. Make a short jog west onto State Route 256. Take State Route 664 south. Take State Route 664 south to US 33. The Hocking Hills Welcome Center is located just south of the intersection of SR 664 and US 33.

Coming from Pittsburgh, you will pass through Logan, so it is recommended to stop at the Hocking Hills Regional Welcome Center while in Logan. If you have interest in visiting Laurelville and the new Visitor Center, follow these directions:

To Laurelville (western Hocking County) from the Welcome Center:
Take US 33 West towards Lancaster. At the first exit, take St. Rt. 180 towards Laurelville. About 20 miles, you will be in the 5-way intersection at the center circle of Laurelville. Following around the center planter to the right, take the 3rd road, St. Rt. 56. (you will see a sign for the Visitor Center above the hardware story to the center left). On 56, the Visitor Center is just ahead on your right, in the log cabin sharing a parking lot with the Apple House.

From Cleveland/Akron/Canton

Take I-77 south to Cambridge. Take I-70 west to the U.S. 37 east/Lancaster exit (#126). Follow U.S. 37 to Lancaster. Turn right onto US 22 for 4 blocks. Turn left onto U.S. 33 east. Continue on U.S. 33 to the State Route 664 (Logan/Bremen) exit. Exit at 664. Turn right (south). The Hocking Hills Welcome Center is located just south of the intersection of SR 664 and US 33.

Coming from Northeast Ohio, you will pass through Logan, so it is recommended to stop at the Hocking Hills Regional Welcome Center while in Logan. If you have interest in visiting Laurelville and the new Visitor Center, follow these directions:

To Laurelville (western Hocking County) from the Welcome Center in Logan:
Take US 33 West towards Lancaster. Exit at St. Rt. 180, turn left on to 180 towards Laurelville. About 20 miles, you will be at the 5-way intersection at the center circle of Laurelville. Following around the planter in the center to the right, take the 3rd road, St. Rt. 56. (you will see a sign for the Visitor Center above the hardware story to the center left). On 56, the Visitor Center is just ahead on your right, in the log cabin sharing a parking lot with the Apple House.

From Indianapolis/Dayton

Take I-70 to east to Columbus.

Just east of Downtown Columbus, take US 33 east through Lancaster. Exit at State Route 664 (Logan-Bremen exit). Turn right (south) onto SR 664. The Hocking Hills Welcome Center is located just south of the intersection of SR 664 and US 33.

In Fall 2005 construction was completed on a bypass on Route 33 around Lancaster. When coming from Columbus, travelers have the option of taking the "Lancaster Business Route" which is Memorial Drive (and formerly Route 33) or stay on Route 33 (the new bypass) and continue towards Logan. The bypass will be the faster option with no stops; however, don't forget about the great restaurants, lodging, shopping and historic attractions in Lancaster, which all can be accessed by choosing the "Lancaster Business Route" as opposed to the bypass. Exploring Lancaster is a great option on your way to or coming home from the Hocking Hills.

Take 270 South. South of Columbus take 23 South towards Circleville. In Circleville, Take State Route 56 East to Laurelville. Once in the circle center of Laurelville, take the second road on your right, which continues St. Rt. 56. You will see a sign pointing to the Visitor Center on the top of the hardware store on your right. The Visitor Center is just ahead on your right, in the log cabin sharing a parking lot with the Apple House.

From Toledo

Take I-75 South to 23 South. At 270 in Columbus:

Take 270 East. exit at Route 33 East towards Lancaster. Take US 33 east through Lancaster. Exit at State Route 664 (Logan-Bremen exit). Turn right (south) onto SR 664. The Hocking Hills Welcome Center is located just south of the intersection of SR 664 and US 33.

Take 270 West. South of Columbus take 23 South towards Circleville. In Circleville, Take State Route 56 East to Laurelville. Once in the circle center of Laurelville, take the second road on your right, which continues St. Rt. 56. You will see a sign pointing to the Visitor Center on the top of the hardware store on your right. The Visitor Center is just ahead on your right, in the log cabin sharing a parking lot with the Apple House.

Articles